Monday, December 17, 2012

The Midterm Spoon

The legend of the River Oaks Midterm Spoon dates all the way back to 8:15 this morning. It is rumored the original owner of the spoon just found it, lying on a table in the middle of the library. This young woman was a beautiful sophomore with a niche for deceit. So when questioned about said spoon, she immediately conjured up a story about how she carried the nasty wooden utensil around all during midterm season for good fortune. Her equally cunning friends played along with this tale up until she requested someone kiss it for good luck, but stopped them because she hadnt the slightest idea where the spoon had been. (you're welcome).
    So obviously some of this stories elements are fabricated. for example. The table we  the young woman found it on was more towards the front of the library and she knew the spoon was from the teachers lounge, but it still looked nasty. confession: I am the beautiful sophomore. PLOT TWIST. I know I know. You wouldnt have guessed that in a million years. But now the midterm spoon is a real thing, because my dear friend Sweet Caroline tattooed "MIDTERM SPOON" on it, and I don't think the teachers would want it back in that condition. From now on, it will be passed on, Caroline to me, me to Claire, Claire to unknown person and on and on. It will survive everything to bring us hope and luck during the most dreaded week of the year. "Haley! Don't you have a chemistry exam tomorrow? Your most dreaded class? What are you doing on your blog stupid?" Well I have an answer for you! I have given up hope in that class for 2012. I got a 92 in that class for the 9 weeks. A 92. That is a B. I might as well just fail it because that is the most disappointing grade I've ever received. I wonder if even Burger King would give me a job with that disappointment. doubt it. I'm going to drop out and become a vagrant. Okay rant over. I just wanted to be my dramatic self. I'm going to crush this exam that Feldie warned we'd all fail except 1 genius student. I'll be the unseen variable, the curveball if you will. I just wanted to relay the tale of the spoon when I thought it was still funny. Off to the land of chemistry and spanish until the SERIES FINALE of Gossip Girl. That is my main priority of the day.
                      XOXO ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment